Summer is almost here and we are getting into our laid-back relaxation mode. Now that our kids are going to be home, we have some challenges in our house cleaning routine. Below, we are going to outline five tips to get your home summer ready.
- After each shower, leave your shower door or curtain open to allow surfaces to dry. This will prevent mold and mildew from growing. If mold does grow on your shower curtain, throw it into the washer with hot water, laundry detergent, and bleach.
- Always leave your washer and dryer doors open so they can get air circulation and prevent mold and mildew. If you are still concerned about mold growing in your washer, you can purchase washing machine cleaners to help keep your washer clean.
- Change your air filters on a frequent basis. This will ensure your home is free of trapped pollen, cut down on dust, improve indoor air quality, and help your air conditioning system work efficiently.
- If you like to open your windows and let fresh air in your house, make sure that you are properly cleaning your windows and sills. Take your vacuum cleaner hose and a stiff toothbrush and loosen all of the dirt and dead bugs. If you desire, wipe again with a damp cloth.
- If you have a lot of traffic coming in and out of your home, place doors mats inside and outside to catch debris. This will help eliminate dirt, grim, and leaves getting tracked in.
Two Ladies and a Mop offer weekly, biweekly, monthly, and as needed cleaning. Our ladies know that it can be stressful trying to clean your entire home on top of making sure your kids are safe and happy. Give us a call for a free in-home consultation.