We have been in the cleaning business long enough to know that hiring a cleaning service isn’t always an easy task. You must be comfortable with the team that will be around your personal and private items. When you decide it is time to hire a professional cleaning service, you recognize that you do not have the time or energy to tackle the necessary housework on top of your busy lives. Before you begin choosing the right cleaning service, read our five helpful tips.
- Start your search with referrals. Hiring a good cleaning service is easy if one comes recommended by friends, neighbors, or coworkers. While every home, family, and budget is different, starting the selection list with referrals is a great way to begin the process.
- Ask the right questions. Most reputable cleaning services will offer a free estimate of services over the phone or in person. Before you get to this point, use the initial phone call to ask them the questions that are important to you. Things like the number of people on the cleaning team, the length of time required per housecleaning, the type of products used, their license and insurance information—all this information is important not only in making sure you are comfortable with the company, but also to outline your expectations for the services provided.
- Stick with the professionals. Using a cleaning company that is bonded, insured, dedicated to quality service, and held to those standards is beneficial for several reasons, including a personalized cleaning plan, an always-available team, consistent quality standards, thorough yet efficient cleaning, and a trusted reputation.
- Be honest about what you need. When doing the initial walk through, many people make the mistake of cleaning their homes before the cleaning service gets there. Commit to your “normal” so that the cleaning team knows exactly what to expect every time they walk in, and they can budget their time and staffs accordingly. (This also lets you get the full-service treatment you want in a cleaning service. You don’t want to have to get into the habit of always cleaning before they come because that defeats the purpose).
- Go with your gut. In the end, your instincts will guide you to how comfortable you are with a cleaning service. Keep asking questions until you are satisfied. Be honest in your assessment and concerns. The purpose of hiring a cleaning service is to give you back your time, energy, and peace of mind. Do not hire a cleaning service if one of these aspects is out of place.
Two Ladies and a Mop are here to help you enjoy your free time. Please give us a call with any questions and to schedule a free in-home consultation.