With winter fast approaching, we need to get our homes ready before we hunker down. Below is a checklist to help us all get winter ready homes this year.
- Wash and disinfect garbage cans and all wastebaskets. Since you are going to be inside the majority of the winter months, we need to make sure that we keep all of those pesky germs at bay. Great ways to keep your wastebasket clean is to use vinegar and water or bleach to kill all of the germs.
- Wash and disinfect toilet brush holders. To clean brush holders, take them outside and spray them with the water hose. Mix hot water with bleach and let them soak for a few hours. Once soaked, rinse then with the hose and set in the sun to dry before bringing them back inside.
- Vacuum the bottom of your furniture. Tilt your chairs and couches onto their backs to expose the underside. Use your vacuum cleaner to suck up all of the dust and dirt from the fabric and legs.
- Clean the tops of doors, trim, and art. Get your swiffer extender and a ladder and make sure all of your mirrors, tops of your kitchen cabinets, light bulbs and fixtures, and books and shelves are all free of dust and dirt.
- Vacuum behind the fridge. Your fridge needs to be cleaned periodically so that it continues to run properly. Not just the inside needs to be cleaned, the top needs a good wipe down with disinfectant, the condenser coils on the bottom of the fridge and the back of the fridge needs to be cleaned by using your vacuum and a dust rag to get in all the crevices.
- Clean windows. Since dirty windows cut daylight by 20%, cleaning them before the winter months is a must. Mix together ¼ cup white vinegar, ¼ to ½ teaspoon dish detergent, 2 cups water and use a microfiber cloth to clean the inside and outside of all of your windows.
- Ceiling fan blades. The easiest way to clean the dust from your fan blades is to wrap the blades with an old pillow case. Pull the case back and forth to remove dust.
- Change furnace filters. We all know that we need to change filters every 60 days. Air filters are rated by level of efficiency and the higher the rating the better the filter is at removing dirt, mold, and pet danger.
Two Ladies and a Mop takes pride in our ladies knowing they will leave you with a spotless home and office. We provide weekly, monthly, or as needed house cleaning and office cleaning. Our ladies service Newnan, Senoia, Peachtree City, Fayetteville, Sharpsburg, and surrounding areas. Contact us for a free in home quote.