Mildew thrives in damp, dark, misty conditions. Your bathroom couldn’t be a more perfect home for mildew. Here are some suggestions to chase away mildew demons lurking in your bathroom:
- Keep surfaces clean. Dirt, grease, body oils, and so forth all attract mildew.
- Keep a squeegee in the shower and use it on the shower walls, door, and floor after showering. Towel them dry after squeegeeing in extreme cases.
- Leave the shower door open or the shower curtains parted after you’re done showering.
- Open a window to keep fresh air circulating.
- Leave the bathroom door open during showering
- Hang towels so they dry completely before the next day’s use.
- Put a portable fan in the bathroom and turn it on after showering to help exchange wet bathroom air for drier air from other rooms.
- Get a dehumidifier.
- Install an exhaust fan.
If there is already mildew in your bathroom, don’t worry. Most mildew can be attacked with your normal cleaning routine in the bathroom. This will remove soap scum and water spots as well.
Contact Two Ladies and a Mop for all your cleaning needs. We offer weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or as-needed cleaning services for homes and residential offices. Give us a call today to set up a free in-home consultation.