Everyone puts at least one house on the market in their lifetime. But not everyone understands how important it is to keep your house spotless the entire time your home is on the market. Prospective buyers want to be able to envision themselves in your home and not be overwhelmed with clutter, trash, or an untidy house. The following list depicts items that need to be done on a daily basis while your home is on the market.
- Make sure everything is put away in their storage area. This means that everyone in your household needs to be in the habit of putting their items back where they go as soon as they are done using them.
- Make your bed as soon as you get up in the morning. This also goes for everyone who lives in your house.
- Keep all laundry washed, folded, and placed in their proper areas.
- Keep all of your dirty dishes in the dishwasher and your counters and table wiped clean.
- Throw away unwanted mail, magazines, and sales papers in the trash and don’t have them lying around the house.
- Hang up all of your towels and washcloths or place them in the dirty clothes hamper.
- Do not keep personal items on your bathroom counters. Have a dedicated place under your sink or in a closet for all of your belongings.
- Fold all of your blankets and throws and make sure your couch cushions are where they are suppose to be. Also make sure your remote controls are in a safe place and out of view of the potential homebuyers.
In addition to maintaining your daily to do list, make sure your entire house stays clean at all time. Call Two Ladies and a Mop today for a free quote on weekly or bi- weekly house cleaning.