We all run out of cleaner or forget to buy a certain cleaner for a spill on the rug or a mark on the floor. The following tips are going to really come in handy the next time you don’t have cleaner on hand.
- After moving furniture, use a fork to fluff the fibers and remove those divots the chair legs made.
- When sink drains start to smell unpleasant, pour ½ cup of baking soda and then 1 cup of vinegar down the drain. Rinse with really hot water. You can also throw lemon peels down the garbage disposal for extra freshness.
- Adding some glass cleaner to a coffee filter will work to clean glass and mirrors.
- Soaking pans with burn stains in cola overnight will remove all stains.
- Baby oil is a great thing to use when shining metal, chrome and stainless steel.
- Tennis balls will remove scuffs from floors without harming and scratching them. Put a little water on the scuff and then rub the tennis ball on it.
- A quick and easy way to dust furniture is to place an old sock on your hands. Works with or without furniture polish.
- Kids dropped their gum? No sweat, just grab an ice cube and hold it on the gum until it hardens and then scrap it off with a plastic scarper.
- If you buy loaves of bread and always throw away the end pieces, stop. The end pieces are great for getting fingerprints off of walls.
- If you are always scuffing up your baseboards with your vacuum, you can put masking tape over the edges of the vacuum head and there will be no scuff marks when it bumps the wall.
If you have already spot cleaned a stain or still need a good deep cleaning, contact Two Ladies and a Mop today. We offer weekly cleaning, bi-weekly cleanings, deep cleanings, spring cleanings, moving services, and much more.