We all know that Halloween is approaching and that always means Halloween makeup and stains. This year we are going to let you in on a few tricks to remove the makeup stains from your children’s costumes and your furniture.
Costumes and clothing:
- Stains that are made from oil based products such as foundation, lipstick or even chocolate needs to be laundered as soon as possible. Pour a little stain remover on the stains and gently rub it into the stain before tossing it into the washing machine.
- Lipstick can be a little tricky to remove from clothing. If the stain remover doesn’t get all of the lipstick out, spray hairspray on the stain and allow to dry. Once completely dry, use an old toothbrush to gently brush the lipstick away.
- If you have a costume that cannot be washed in the washing machine, spray some white shaving cream on the stain. Simple shaving cream is using because it foams, but doesn’t saturate into the fabric. Once you have the shaving cream in place, lightly wipe the area with a damp cloth.
Furniture and carpet:
- Mix Dawn dish liquid, rubbing alcohol, and water and spray on the stain. Take a cloth or paper towel to gently blot and remove the makeup.
- If the makeup stain is on a wooden piece of furniture, simply use a little multipurpose stain removal product on the area. Start in a small area to make sure the product doesn’t harm your furniture.
Two Ladies and a Mop are here to help keep your home and office spotless. We provide weekly, monthly or when you need house cleaning or office cleaning. Our ladies service Newnan, Sharpsburg, Senoia, Peachtree City, and surrounding areas. Contact us today for a free quote at 770-252-1373.